Using the study rooms
Information on the study rooms spread throughout the Library, including detailed instructions on using the panel TVs in each study room.
Where are the group study rooms?
A number of rooms are available in the library for private or group study. Rooms open to the public are always unlocked and may be used without prior arrangement. Around 13 group study rooms distributed across the library , 7 rooms located in level 2 next to the cafe area . And more rooms are located in level 3 between the computer lab and the Sea view room . All the individual rooms are located at the Sea view area .
What kinds of facilities are inside?
University Library has 13 group study rooms for formal classes, small conferences, and meetings. When not in use by groups, these rooms are available to individuals.
All study rooms have an iMac computer with network connections, Airmedia wireless presentation technology, LCD with Adapter for laptop connection, wall of glass can be used as a board , and Large work table with comfort chairs. Movable whiteboards are available upon request.
Do the group study rooms need to be reserved?
Currently Group study rooms and individual study rooms are non-reservable and there is no need to reserved in advance for use by KAUST students, staff and faculty. There are open to first-come, first-use.
How to use the LCD TV for your group study?
For sharing the screen in the group study room, the Library provides Airmedia wireless presentation technology. More details on its usage can be found from Airmedia Libguide
You can also use DVI cable for you to connect your laptop. Just plug in your PC, set it to mirror the signal, turn on the monitor, and share your screen with the rest of your group. And for more assistance on how to connect the LCD TV screen to the host computer ( iMac or your Laptop ), please follow the instructions below :
- Locate the Floor Box as shown. Usually, it is located under the desk.
- Make sure that the DVI cable is properly connected to the Floor Box’ DVI port.
- Locate the Mini Display Adapter as shown (you may need to check this out from the Information Desk).
- Make sure that the Mini Display Adapter is firmly attached to the iMac Computer’s Mini Display port.
- Turn on the iMac computer.
- Locate the Touch Panel Screen. Usually, it is located beside the LCD TV Screen.
- Turn on the Touch Panel Screen by pressing the screen surface if it appears to be off (or in sleep mode).
- Touch the screen to start.
- Press Laptop 1 Presentation to display the screen image of the computer to the LCD TV Screen.