Facts and figures
An overall view on our Collections and Subscriptions, Facilities and Services.
Collections and Subscriptions
- eBooks: an ever growing collection of eBook titles with perpetual access from all major scientific and commercial publishers in science and technology. Latest number shows around 532,244 titles.
- Journals: over 30,000 scientific journals from all major scientific and commercial publishers in science and technology.
- Databases: over 45 scientific databases contains articles, citations, standards, protocols, reports, theses, videos and images.
- Printed book and medias: about 11,546 titles, including some textbooks, available for check out.
- 53 print titles in English and Arabic from Saudi Arabia, UAE, UK and USA.
- RB Digital (previously Zinio) Online magazines - 85 titles from around the globe.
- Flipster Magazines - 35 popular titles.
- BrowZine - you account can be synchronized across web and mobile services.
- Print collection in English and Arabic from Saudi Arabia, UAE, UK and USA.
- PressDisplay Online newspaper - 4000 from around the globe in many languages.
- Special collections: Red Sea coral collection.
- Nearly 14,000 square meters of space on three levels.
- Comfortable, attractive seating for 400 people.
- 115 computer workstations throughout the building including two German and two Spanish keyboards.
- 25 BenQ touchscreens (65 inch) for ePoster service.
- 6 BenQ touchscreens ( 55 inch) for ePoster service.
- 20 glass-enclosed collaborative learning spaces (group study rooms).
- 12 group study rooms which offer large flat-screen display panels.
- 33-seat computer learning lab equipped with advanced software for various science and engineering subjects.
- 25-seat Sea View meeting room, featuring dual computer projectors, video conferencing capabilities, and with one of the university's best views.
- Copy center where users can print, copy (roll up banners, banners, printing material etc.),or scan documents.
- Exhibit and display areas.
- 64-seat in the Library Café offering hot and cold refreshments.
- Staffed information desk during regular work hours Sunday to Wednesday from 8am-8pm and Thursdays from 8am-5pm.
- Personal research consultation with a KAUST Science Subject Librarian.
- Scheduled individual, class or group training on use of library resources.
- Document delivery.
- Textbook ordering and distribution.
- Reference assistance online, in the library or by e-mail.
- Workshops on information literacy, literature research, reference management, plagiarism, open access, profiling and many more.